Entry to Dingle Ducks Pre School
Applications for Nursery places are dealt with by our school office team. If you wish to receive an application pack or if you have any questions call us on 01384 818305 or email email@example.com
Places are offered in order of which registration of interest forms are received and are subject to availability.
Places are chargeable until the term after your child turns three years old, at which point universal 15 hours funding will start (see date ranges below for eligibility).
If you are in receipt of a Time for Two's voucher please provide the school office with a copy so that we can arrange for the funding claim to be processed.
Please use the link below to view the eligibility criteria for Time for Two's funding.
Three and Four Year Olds
Funding for the universal 15 hours will start from the term after the child’s 3rd birthday (as follows):
• 1 January - 31 March, funded places can start in the summer term (from 1 April);
• 1 April - 31 August, funded places can start in the autumn term (from 1 September);
• 1 September - 31 December, funded places can start in the spring term (from 1 January);
For example, if a child is 3 years old between 1st April - 31st August, they will be eligible for funded places from 1 September. These dates are fixed and independent of school term dates.
Additional information regarding up to 30 hours per week can be found at www.childcarechoices.gov.uk 30 hours funding will only be available to those with a VALID CODE.
Entry Reception classes
Applications for Reception places are dealt with by Dudley Council, phone: 0300 555 2345 or click on admissions link (at the bottom of this page). Dudley Council handle all questions and issues arising; schools remain neutral in this process.
- We have one intake each year, at the start of the Autumn Term.
- Reception pupils are normally admitted to school in the September following their 4th birthday- we have a maximum intake of 30 children.
- Prospective parents are most welcome to make an appointment to look around our school or to visit on an Open Day (dates are published on our website early September).
- Parents should make the application for their child in the Autumn of the year before their child starts school.
- Places are allocated in the late Spring / early Summer Term. Following this stage, some parents choose to appeal to Dudley Council if their choices have not been met.
Once we know our exact intake, we begin the process of ensuring every child's entry into school is happy and relaxed. In the Summer Term before the September start, parents are invited to an Induction meeting to find out more about how we work and ask any questions they might still have. This meeting also gives parents the opportunity to meet and talk with the Reception class teacher and other support staff. Also, children are invited to visit the Reception class and stay for a school lunch with their parents.
Entry into Years 1-6
Parents of older children, moving into the area, are welcome to make an appointment to visit the school and to discuss admission with the Headteacher. As with entry into Reception, all applications for places are dealt with by Dudley Council.
Please click on the link below for further information.