What can I do to help my child?
- Ensure all homework is done and understood.
- Encourage them to ask their teacher if they are unsure of anything.
- Children should read for at least 15 minutes every night - please check your child understands the text and record/sign homework diary.
- Try not to miss any days from school.
- Make sure that your child gets enough sleep.
- Practise timed writing.
- Play mental maths games - on the way home, in the car and so on.
- Learn your multiplication tables off by heart.
- Come to our breakfast club during SATs week.
- Try not to make a big thing of it. The tests are backed up by teacher assessments which take account of your child’s work over the whole year.
- Use revision folders, books and websites.
General Revision Sites:
Mathematics Revision Sites:
English Revision Sites:
Science Revision Sites: