Dingle Community Primary School is a small, one-form entry, mainstream school from Reception to Year 6, with a governor-led private Pre School (Dingle Ducks). The school is resourced for learning and teaching in the 21st century, where a range of different learning styles are catered for by dedicated and enthusiastic staff members. The welcoming and inclusive ethos of the school ensures that all pupils feel part of the school community and work together in an environment when they feel confident to take risks and try new things.
We aim to provide a fully inclusive mainstream primary provision. It is our priority to help children achieve everything they are capable of regardless of their gender, ethnicity, social background, religion, sexual identity, physical ability or educational needs by providing a nurturing, engaging education, tailored to their own unique needs. We ensure that the learning environments are adapted and that individual needs are recognised in an inclusive and supportive way.
We recognise that pupils learn at different rates and that there are many factors affecting achievement, including ability, emotional state, age and maturity. We are particularly aware of the needs of our Foundation and Key Stage 1 pupils, for whom maturity is a crucial factor in terms of readiness to learn. We believe in both early identification and early intervention. We understand that many pupils, at some time in their school career, may experience difficulties that affect their learning, and we recognise that these may be long or short term.
If you are worried about your child’s learning needs please make an appointment via the school office with our SENCO, Mrs Stephen who will be happy to discuss any concerns you may have.
Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO)
Mrs S Stephen is our SENCO.
Mrs Stephen can be contacted via the school office on 01384 818305
- British Dyslexia Association - The BDA is the voice of dyslexic people. Their vision is that of a dyslexia friendly society that enables dyslexic people to reach their potential.
- I CAN - I CAN is a charity that helps children with speech and language difficulties across the UK. The charity works to create a society where their special needs are recognised, understood and met so that they have the same opportunities in life as other children.
- MENCAP - Mencap is the UK's leading learning disability charity working with people with a learning disability and their families and carers.
- National Autistic Society - The NAS exists to champion the rights and interests of all people with autism and to ensure that they and their families receive quality services appropriate to their needs.
- National Deaf Children's Society - The National Deaf Children’s Society is the only UK charity solely dedicated to providing support, information and advice for deaf children and young people, their families and professionals working with them.
- Hypermobility Syndrome Association - Hypermobility Syndrome Association provides specific information for children and their parents to help families who often just don’t know where to turn. We run specialist family programmes, where families can learn together how best to manage the many symptoms relating to hypermobility, gain confidence and ask any questions they may have.
- SEND Gateway - A one stop shop for all things SEND.
- Contact - A charity that provides help and support for families with disabled children.
- Dudley SEND Support and Advice Service - Advice and support for parents with children who have SEND
- Dudley SEND Local Offer - A link to Dudley Council's Local Offer.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Please click on the links below for the school Special Educational Needs and Disability Policy and Provision Information Report, Accessibility Plan and Equality Plan.
The Dudley Local Offer aims to provide information about all the services and support available for children and young people with Special Educational Needs or Disability (SEND) with or without an education, health and care plan (EHCP) from birth to 25. For information about the Dudley Local Offer please click on the following link: